Bruker D8-A25 with Ge (111) Johanssen monochromator and Lynxeye detector.
Cu K-alpha-1 radiation. Transmission capillary geometry.
A heat gun capable of 700 C is available.
Tool name: High resolution powder diffraction
Tool ID: RECX-1
Tool rate: C
- Determination of precise crystal lattice parameters
- Analysis of peak shapes for crystallite size, strain and defect structure
- Detailed analysis of materials with known or partially known structures (lattice parameters, bond lengths and angles, thermal parameters)
- Completion of partially solved structures
- Elimination of preferred orientation
- Structure solution
- XRD at high temperature (up to 700 °C)
- Capillary, transmission film and reflection plate sample holders can be used
- Suppression of fluorescence from Co, Mn and Fe based samples with energy selective LynxEye XE detector
- Highly adsorbing materials